Rich Robinson (The Black Crowes) @ Fargo, Paris Dec 12 2012, free show @ 6:00pm
SETLIST: (Thanks to Thierry for the setlist AND all the details) :
1) Lost And Found (extrait du dernier LP/CD Through A Crooked Sun)
2) Sunday Night Buttermilk Waltz (intrumental issu du catalogue des Crowes, paru à l'origine en B-side puis en bonus track des éditions remasterisées de Amorica (1994))
3) Follow You Forever (extrait de Through A Crooked Sun)
4) Falling Again (idem)
5) Look Through My Window (inclus à l'origine sur le CD 4 titres promo Llama Blues EP, édité en tirage très limité aux States lors de la parution de Through A Crooked Sun, a depuis été ajouté en bonus track sur le CD pressage européen de l'album). A noter le "I forgot the Lyrics!" pendant l'interprétation du titre!
6) What Is Home? (tiré de Before The Frost, avant-dernier album des Crowes (2009), ce fut le 1er titre que Rich interpreta en lead sur un album du groupe).
Great to see M. Rich Robinson from The Black Crowes fame playing such a small (free) showcase in a record store in Paris. The little store is packed with die-hard fans , Rich is here with some members of his band but he will play on his own on acoustic guitar and singing without any PA, so you could hear a pin drop during the gig. 3 songs from the new album and a couple of gems. Great gig.
Rich is very nice and chatty, explaining how sorry he is that his booking agent booked the band to play in a private club ( @ David Lynch's Silencio Club) that is only open to private members. So he's offering a few tickets with a raffle and the people winning ( 6 in all) will be on his personal guest list.
How nice of him.
Then everyone could get his cd signed and buy some stuff, that's when we left as we had another show to attend.
But hey ! we had to go to the Silencio Club...