mercredi 13 mai 2009

Beirut @ Bataclan Paris May 12th 2009

Beirut @ Bataclan Paris May 12th 2009.
As Green Day's concert @ The Trabendo ended very early we went straight to the sold out Bataclan ( easy it's on my way home ) to catch the end of Beirut's gig.
Of course we didn't see Mina Tindle who was opening tonight.
I don't know if it was because we were coming from Green day but i thought that Beirut was quite boring, I hate that kind of eastern rock gipsy with brass à la Emir Kusturika.

SETLIST ( From Oliver Peel ) click for pictures:
01: Nantes
02: The Shrew
03: Elephant Gun
04: The Concubine
05: Mount Wroclai (Idle Days)
06: La Javanaise (Serge Gainsbourg Cover)
07: Postcards From Italy
08: Mimizan
09: Cocek
10: Scenic World
11: Cherbourg
12: The Akara
13: A Sunday Smile
14: After The Curtain
----
15: The Penalty (Z)
16: My Wife (Z)
17: My Night With The Prostitute From Marseille (Z)
----
18: Brazil
19: Siki Siki Baba (Kocani Orchestra Cover)